The hotel Wandl has been a family business for generations and is located in a quiet spot in the heart of Vienna, near the subway station U1 and U3 “Stephansplatz” and all famous sights are within walking distance. The hotel is located in the city center of Vienna only 200 m from St. Stephans square.
The Hotel Wandl offers traditional Austrian hospitality combined with the typical charm of a family business. It is a traditional 4 star hotel with high standard. The hotel situated in the city center dates back to 1700, when Court Chamber Counsellor and Laxenburg Palace Govenor, Jakob Metz, built this house which was then called “To the Four Seasons”. Joseph Georg Daum bought the house in 1851 and converted it to a hotel. He installed all items of comfort according to Parisian models. In 1854, Johann Wandl whose name it carries to this day, bought the hotel. Later he had an elevator installed, as well as bathrooms – this made the hotel the most elegant of this times. The hotel Wandl offers free WiFi in all areas, a bar, a television room and also a public garage in walking distance.
All 138 comfortably furnished rooms and Suites are equipped with wooden floors, bath/WC or shower/WC with amenities like a hairdryer and free toiletries, radio, telephone and flat-screen satellite TV.