At the beginning of May the results of the Meeting Industry Report Austria (mira) were published for the 8th time. The local meeting industry registered 2016 a total volume of 19.338 meetings and events with more than 1.5 million participants. This shows an increase of 6.4% in meetings and events and 4.8% in participants. Growth has been measured in the segments congresses and cooperate meetings.
Five facts of 2016
- November has been the top congress-month
- Small and medium congresses have a market share of 95.4%
- Vienna is with 35.5% of all events frontrunner in the meeting industry
- The average length of international congresses is three and a half days
- Palaces and museums count the highest increase in congresses compared to the previous year