By choosing the right partner.
You can’t just plan a congress with hundreds or even thousands of attendees on the fly. The preparations often take one to two years. Precise planning and efficient organization are the alpha and omega of making your congress a success.
Think of the subtleties of taxes and insurance. And the great art of not just staying within budget, but – if possible – effectively lowering costs. An experienced project manager will advise you, guiding and organizing from start to finish. And at that down to the minutest detail, because even when you think you have taken care of everything, you can bet that someone will show up unexpectedly, wanting to register on site for a seminar. Or they will have misplaced their documentation and need a copy in a hurry.
This and much more is what we, as PCO or professional congress organizer, will be happy to do for you.
- Initial discussion of needs and definition of goals
- Development of an action and time plan with responsibilities
- Advice and liaison for exhibiting organizations/sponsors
- Budget discussion with the organizer to identify specific costs
- Support with all tax issues
- Careful budgeting, ongoing monitoring and analysis of the budget
- Invoice control, transfers and congress billing
- Preparation and assembly of brochures to advertise the congress
- Help with marketing and sales activities
- Conducting research
- Evaluation of a suitable conference centre and bid solicitation
- Advice and contract preparation, incl. negotiations
- Development and coordination of an Internet presence
- Design of a congress logo and corporate design
- Coordination of publications and forms
- Online form for attendee registration including payment
- Confirmation and correspondence with attendees
- Online reporting for the organizer
- Online form for submission of abstracts/proceedings
- Online appraisal and rating of papers
- Notification of presenters and programme development
- Arrangements for congress technology, information technology, signage, etc.
- Ordering catering services such as coffee breaks, meals, etc.
- Scheduling, coordination and arrangement of additional and temp staff
- On-site registration and support for attendees and speakers
- Coordination of details and monitoring of overall congress procedures
- Selection of necessary third-party companies to provide additional services, bid solicitation
- Ordering bags, guest gifts, tickets, etc.