The ASPO Conference 2012 aims to be certified according to the guidelines for the Green Meetings eco-label.
Our request to you…
- If possible, opt for an environmentally friendly way of travelling to Vienna by public transport or carpool.
- If you are unable or do not want to travel without a car, or if you have to travel by air, make up for the CO2 emissions by paying a Co2 compensation, eg. under www.climateaustria.at
- Make use of your hotel's environmental programme (e.g. by not requiring towels and sheets to be exchanged every day).
- Turn off all the lights and electric appliances (TV set, air conditioning, heating, computer etc.) when you leave your hotel room temporarily.
- No single portion packages = more environmental protection: Go for beverages in jugs or big bottles, meals on reusable dishes, milk and sugar that are not packaged in single portions etc.
- Use the waste separation system at the hotel and fair venue to dispose of your waste (PET bottles, glass, paper, metal, batteries etc.).
- Within the city, use public transport or walk.
- Please do not print the full programme, you will receive a printed copy at the event.
- Hand your badge in at the registration desk at the end of the event.
Let's consider the future and act with sustainability in mind…